Wednesday, April 22, 2015

On a Tight-rope - Art Journal Page

a Cut at Home Design Team Project


Well I finally took the plunge and completed my first Art Journal page today.  It was so much fun and so far outside my box and comfort zome.  This is something I've procrastinated about doing for months now.  I discovered as I worked my way through the page I should have done this instead of that, or I should have completed this step before doing that step but that's the whole process of learning something new isn't it?


I'm so in love with these wacky little birds from Tim Holtz new Stampers Anonymous sets that I had no doubt they were going to fly right into my crafty space.  I knew right away what I wanted to do with them, I just wasn't sure I knew how, lol, I'm still not sure I know how :-)

Every time you step away from the things that are familiar to you it's kind of daunting, sitting live in from of a camera knowing all of you would be watching too was even more so.  It took me a little over an hour to do the page, that includes getting up to clean my stencils and brushes throughout.  Don't worry I clipped and sped up the whole thing so you'll not be watching for that long.  

I think one of my favorite outcomes was the brick that I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil on, Liquidtex Modeling Paste and Perfect Pearls in Copper.  The Perfect Pearls just worked wonderfully creating that seasoned brick look.  

Come join me on my video and I'll share the process with you.  If you've been thinking about stepping out of your comfortable crafty box do it now and leave me a note telling me what you've decided to do that you've not done before.  This crafty business is so much fun it's a shame not to at least give things that tickle your fancy a chance.


Supplies:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your journal page. Thank you for sharing how you made it. It inspires me to try one :).