Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Forgotten Meadows Kraft Journal

a Meg's Garden Design Team Project


Today's project uses the beautiful new papers sold exclusively at Meg's Garden called Forgotten Meadows.  Kerry-Jean Watson is the designer.  Along with a Kraft Journal I found at Michaels.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Paints in Chipped Sapphire and Seedless Preserves blended to create this pretty shade of purple that complements the papers.


Here's a shot of the outside including the Prima Lace stenciled back and the fussy cut butterflies that I've covered heavily with Glossy Accents.


The front closure are two Vintage Trinkets from Meg's Garden, the square bottom was adhered directly to the book front (I used Beacon's Fabri-Tac for a super strong hold).  The top was actually this piece that I scrunched in the middle, I used my bone folder to make the creases in each side.  I wanted the middle part popped up to create a handle when I glued it to the bottom piece.  I also put the fussy cut butterflies top and bottom of the handle and really covered them with Glossy Accents.  Be sure and set things aside that you use heavy coats of Glossy Accents on (overnight is best) to allow for maximum drying time and less stressful moments of wishing you hadn't touched it yet!


Front inside cover sports a slotted angle pocket for mats.  You'll see the whole process including more photos on the video below, I hope you'll join me.



Supplies from Meg's Garden - - -


No comments: