Wednesday, December 9, 2015

A Congratulations Card using the die from Tattered Lace Magazine

a Cut at Home Design Team Project 

 
Today I'm sharing a card which I used the free die, Congratulations, and the designer paper that came with the Tattered Lace Magazine issue number 23.  Each magazine has one or more free dies along with several pages of designer paper.

I love how Tattered Lace dies cut and this sentiment is no exception.  I die cut it four times and glued them all together to form a nice thick embellishment for the front of my card.  The die cut comes out clean with no ragged edges and beautiful flourishes.  I think when they are stacked this way they even look nicer because everything is so much more pronounced with more definition to the letters.


I carried the same paper theme to the inside of my card.  The striped paper from the magazine and the addition of the white doily.  I added pearls on the front and inside just altering the sizes.  The Celebrate you day sentiment if from JustRite Papercrafters Morning Splendor clear stamp collection.  I love this set of eight stamps and I'm sure it's going to make a wonderful set of cards.



Besides the free die each magazine issue give you a section on how you can snip and alter the die cuts to create new words, flourishes frames or embellishments.  Please join me on todays video as I share how I changed the free die Congratulations into a Flourish Frame and the shorter word 'Congrats' with a great flourish at the beginning and end.

Supplies will be linked directly below the video.  Thanks for stopping by and spending some of your day with me.



Supplies from Cut at Home
MAG23: Tattered Lace Magazine 23
CR-02197: JustRite Papercraft Morning Splendor clear stamps
TIM19541: Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Black Soot
660425: Sizzix Big Shot White & Grey

No comments: